Finding a safe and natural remedy for our common daily ailments takes a lot of work. In addition, knowing the best option for our health and wellness is challenging with the many over-the-counter medicines available.
Ancient remedies, such as essential oils, can be highly effective – but only if used properly. Without proper knowledge and guidance, it can be hard to navigate through the range of essential oils available on the market. Thus, it is confusing to choose which option suits your particular needs.
The healing power of Essential oils offers an accessible guide to help you select and use them for treating various common ailments. Moreover, our comprehensive guide provides detailed information on how to safely and effectively use essential oil remedies so that you can start feeling better fast. So start your journey towards a healthier you today with the healing power of essential oils!
Relieving Headaches: Essential Oils for Migraine Relief
If you have a headache, the first thing to do is identify what caused it. If you have an environmental trigger, like loud noises or strong smells, you can use essential oils to mask those triggers until they wear off.
For example, if you're at work and your boss yells at you for something that wasn't your fault, try using lavender or peppermint oil in warm water (or even cold water) on a cloth or tissue. This will help calm the pain in your head from the sudden environmental change. It also acts as a decongestant and helps relieve minor inflammation in the sinuses.
If this doesn't work, try diluting a lemon essential oil with distilled water before applying it directly onto your forehead or temples. Lemon has antiseptic properties that help with congestion and reduce swelling around your eyes and face.
Essential Oils for Better Sleep: Creating a Calming Atmosphere
Creating a calming and soothing atmosphere is vital to a good night's sleep. The following oils can help make this atmosphere:
- Lavender: This oil has been used in aromatherapy for thousands of years, and you likely already have some in your home. Lavender has a soft, sweet smell that helps reduce stress and anxiety. It also supports regular sleep patterns, so it can be added to the bedroom or any room where you sleep.
- Lemon Balm: This oil is one of nature's best mood boosters. It contains limonene, which has been shown to improve mood and promote relaxation by stimulating alpha brain waves. It also reduces stress hormones and improves sleep quality, making it a great addition to your nighttime routine.
- Roman Chamomile: Also known as Matricaria recutita, this herb is known for its ability to combat anxiety—and its sweet aroma will calm you down right before bedtime. It also helps promote restful sleep by reducing muscle tension caused by chronic pain while boosting melatonin production.
- Egyptian Musk: This oil is known as an aphrodisiac and has been used by ancient cultures and today's medical community to treat insomnia or other sleep problems. It can increase blood flow through the body's channels, leading to better relaxation, deeper sleep, and even greater energy levels throughout the day.
Soothing Skin Irritations: Essential Oils for Eczema and Psoriasis
Essential oils for eczema and psoriasis are a great way to soothe skin. They contain powerful antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that help clear up the irritation, which reduces the itchiness, redness, and swelling you might experience.
Eucalyptus essential oil is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which can help relieve the itching and inflammation associated with eczema or psoriasis. It's also antiseptic, so it helps fight off bacteria on the skin. In addition, Peppermint oil has been shown to reduce itching by inhibiting serotonin production in the brain; this is why it's often recommended as an ingredient in remedies for insect bites or stings.
The lavender essential oil contains camphor, which acts similarly to menthol and is also helpful for reducing pain from eczema or psoriasis. Finally, tea tree essential oil has been shown to inhibit some of the enzymes responsible for inflammation in the body; it's excellent for soothing irritated skin.
Reducing Anxiety Naturally: Essential Oils for Calmness
Essential oils are the best way to reduce anxiety naturally. They're entirely organic and natural so they won't harm you or your body. You can use them in a diffuser or directly on your skin, although we recommend using a carrier oil before applying them to ensure the oils don't burn your skin.
Here are examples of our favorite essential oils for reducing anxiety such as Lavender, Frankincense, Cedarwood and Egyptian Musk oil/
Alleviating Allergy Symptoms: Essential Oils for Congestion
In alleviating allergy symptoms, essential oils are most effective when inhaled because they enter the bloodstream through the lungs and reach the blood directly. However, if you're looking for a quick fix for congestion-related symptoms, applying a few drops of an essential oil blend on your chest may do the trick!
Try applying a few drops of lavender or orange oil to your chest, then stand up straight so that it can circulate through your body. If this doesn't work immediately, add more drops until the scent reaches its peak potency before trying again later.
Essential Oils for Hormone Balance: Managing PMS Symptoms
Aromatherapy involves breathing essential oils to promote better physical and mental wellness. It is used to ease pain, enhance sleep, and lessen tension. The following are some of the top essential oils for PMS symptoms:
- Chamomile to facilitate rest and sleep
- Lavender to enjoy the relaxing effects
- Egyptian Musk to calm the environment and reduce anxiety
- Rose to ease PMS and lower stress
You can breathe in the aroma by dabbing a few droplets of essential oil on a cotton ball or adding diluted essential oils to a hot tub.
Essential Oils for Menstrual Cramps: Natural Pain Relief
According to research, massage therapy may lessen how painful period cramps are. However, the pain was much reduced during massage with essential oils.
Using the lavender essential oil has been shown to ease uncomfortable period cramps. According to a study involving 80 women with primary dysmenorrhea, those who received lavender oil experienced much less pain than those who received massages using a placebo oil.
Aromatherapy is a safe and effective treatment for various ailments worth exploring. We hope this article has demonstrated just how beneficial essential oils can be. Now, the choice between different brands of essential oils may take research, but it can be easy. It's up to you to decide what will work best for you—and essential oils might be the remedy you've been looking for all along!