Things you will need:
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Vitamin E oil
- 10 drops Frankincense essential oil
- Small glass container
- Microwavable bowl
Do you have fine lines, dark circles, and wrinkles around your eyes?
The skin surrounding the eyes is the most delicate and fragile skin on the face. Because of the fragility of this area, it is very prone to dryness, thus it is usually the first part of the face that shows fatigue and signs of aging. Lines and wrinkles appear around the eyes because of squinting and constant movement of the eyes. As we age, the skin produces less collagen. Lack of collagen and sun damage cause fine lines and wrinkles. Puffiness and dark circles are caused by the collection of fluid under the eyes.
Eye creams are created to address these issues and problems around the eyes. They are different from regular facial moisturizers. Eye creams are formulated specifically for the delicate skin around the eye. They are thicker and contain more oil compared to facial lotions and moisturizers. Eye creams are carefully designed to moisturize and hydrate the delicate skin around the eyes. Using eye creams regularly can help improve under-eye smoothness and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Most eye creams are expensive because they are specially formulated for the delicate under-eye skin. They also have a lot of active ingredients to address the visible signs of aging. However, some of the chemicals used might actually do more harm than good. Fortunately, it is really easy to make homemade eye cream. Only three ingredients are needed and they are all-natural ingredients.
Coconut oil contains nourishing fatty acids and healthy fats that make the skin smooth. Vitamin E oil is an ingredient in many skincare products because of its anti-aging benefits. Frankincense essential oil is well known for its ability to reduce signs of aging by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and increasing skin elasticity. It also stimulates the growth of new cells. The woody aroma of this oil also enhances the mood and reduces stress and anxiety.
1. Put ½ cup of coconut oil in a microwavable bowl and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds until completely melted.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil and while stirring.
3. Add 10 drops of frankincense essential oil and stir.
4. Pour the mixture into a small glass container.
5. Put in the refrigerator for about one hour or until the mixture returns to solid form. After it turns to a solid, there is no need to keep it refrigerated. (Unless a cold eye cream is preferred)
TIPS ON USING EYE CREAM
1. A little goes a long way especially on the skin surrounding the eyes. Use only a pea-sized amount of eye cream to cover the skin under both eyes.
2. Apply eye cream while the face is still damp to help lock in moisture and hydration.
3. Do not apply the eye cream too close to the eyes. Just dot or dab eye cream along the orbital bone, right under the eyebrow and under the eyes in a sem-circle shape. Applying eye cream to the lids or near the lashes may cause the cream to get into the eyes which can lead to irritation.
4. The skin around the eyes is the most delicate so rubbing is definitely not a good idea. Gently dot or dab the eye cream and blend it out by in a patting and tapping motion.
5. Give the eye cream time to be absorbed by the skin before applying makeup.
6. For best results, use eye cream in the morning and at night.
Enjoy the amazing benefits of oils on your under-eye with your homemade eye cream.
This can be a great gift idea for your friends and loved ones. Decorate and label your containers and spread the love of using essential oils.
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter to receive more helpful and interesting tips on staying clean, smelling good and living a happier life!