Things you will need
¼ cup shea butter
⅛ cup jojoba oil
1 tablespoon beeswax
10 drops frankincense essential oil
10 drops lavender essential oil
Glass measuring cup
Pot or pan
Small glass container with lid
Do you take care of your hands?
Admit it, your hands are the most used part of your body yet also the most neglected. You use your hands almost all the time, in almost all the things you do. They are well-used that’s why the first giveaway signs of aging show in your hands. Ths skin on your hands is not the same as the skin on the rest of your body. The skin on the back of your hands is much thinner than your palms. Since your hands are constantly exposed to water, extreme temperatures, and chemicals, they prone to dryness and damage.
Using a regular body cream or lotion cannot give the deep moisturizing and protection that your hard-working hands need. What you need is a good hand cream that can soothe and nourish your hands. A hand cream that can make them your hands soft and supple. You can make homemade hand cream using natural ingredients that are safe for your skin.
1. Shea butter can provide powerful moisturizing and nourishing benefits for the skin.
2. Jojoba oil is an amazing carrier oil that absorbs easily in the skin. It also a great moisturizer that does not leave a greasy feeling.
3. Beeswax helps the hand butter to set up and stay firm. It also coats the skin and gives it protection.
4. Frankincense essential oil is popular for reducing signs of aging such as lines and wrinkles, perfect for tired hands. It also aids in healing damaged skin.
5. Lavender essential oil adds a natural scent to your hand cream that is also calming and soothing. It can also moisturize and nourish the skin.
1. Mix shea butter, beeswax, and jojoba oil in a glass measuring cup.
2. Place the glass measuring cup in a pot or pan of simmering water.
3. Stir the mixture as it melts.
4. Once everything is melted, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before adding the frankincense and lavender essential oils.
5. Pour the liquid hand dream into a small glass container and allow it to harden completely.
6. Apply this homemade hand cream on your dry hands as often as needed.
BENEFITS OF USING HOMEMADE HAND CREAM
1. The natural ingredients, especially the essential oils can replenish lost moisture, giving your supple, hydrated skin. Regular use of hand cream also forms a protective layer on your skin that prevents further damage on your hands.
2. Frankincense and lavender can heal and repair the skin. The fragrance of the hand cream can also soothe and relax you.
3. Having a hand cream routine can relieve stress. Gently massage your hands whenever you apply the hand cream. The scent of lavender can also help reduce stress and anxiety.
4. Your homemade hand cream is also good for your cuticles. Massage your hands and fingers with hand cream every day and you will have stronger, longer and healthier nails.
5. You can also use this homemade hand cream for your hair. Just rub a little hand cream on your palms and then smooth the palms over your hair. This can tame frizzy or curly hair.
Your homemade hand cream is a great addition to your health and beauty routine. Start using your hand cream today and see how it changes your hands and your life.
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter to receive more helpful and interesting tips on staying clean, smelling good and living a happier life!